I must admit, I often have a difficult time finding fun, family-friendly adventures that won’t break the bank! But they’re out there…and closer than you think!
While it’s easy to think that the only thing to do is head to the mall, but from great dining spots, outdoor activities, museums, zoo-like adventures and more, the kind of the ‘to do’ list we actually like, is endless!
Below are a number of family-friendly activities, all within a short drive and approved by our Newsymom readers!
- Dundee Falls – Dundee, Ohio
- Norma Johnson Conservation Center – With the main office on East Iron Avenue in Dover, Ohio
- Pointe Park at New Point Community Church – Jess says, “New Point has a large indoor playground that’s open to the public I believe until 2:00 p.m. My kids loved it!” The church is located on SR 39 in Dover.
- Mohican State Park – Loudenville, Ohio
- The Wilderness Center – Julie says, “The wilderness center is fantastic for a short hike to the pond to see the fish and ducks, plus they have a fantastic outdoor “natural” play area and a wonderful visitor center with a children’s room and a beautiful wildlife viewing area.”
The Wilderness Center is located in Wilmont, Ohio
- Hershberger Farms – Millersburg, Ohio
- Tuscora Park – New Philadelphia, Ohio
- The Farm at Walnut Creek – Sugarcreek, Ohio
- The Wilds – Cumberland, Ohio
Do you know of a great family spot that isn’t on this list? Share below or by visiting Newsymom on Facebook!