Local Safe Kid Chapters Participate in Contest for Teens
Tuscarawas and Stark County teens are encouraged to participate in a Safe Kids contest that works to send a powerful message while rewarding those who listen.
Safe Kids Worldwide recently launched the ‘Take it from a Teen’ video challenge.
The contest is in partnership with General Motors and encourages teens to submit a 60-second video that inspires their peers to be safe drivers and passengers.
The teen applicant is asked to answer one of the following questions:
- How would you tell your friends to slow down while driving?
- How would you tell your friends to buckle up?
- How would you tell your friends to not text and drive?
- How would you tell your friends to not drive under the influence?
- How would you tell your friends to not drive with too many teens and not enough seat belts in the vehicle?
The winner of the contest will receive $1,000.
Want to know how you’re going to be graded? The Take it From a Teen video challenge submissions will be judged on the following criteria on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. Note: you will be judged primarily on the content and the persuasive messaging, you will not be judged on the quality of your video. The national winner will have their video professionally filmed. It is fine to film on a phone.
- Appropriate language or gestures
- Only showing safe actions, and not dangerous activities
- Appropriate dress
- Team entries are allowed (prizes must be shared)
But, there is also an opportunity to get involved on a local level.
Safe Kids Tuscarawas County is inviting local teens to submit a video meeting the same criteria for a chance at a $100 prize and entry into the main contest.
Newsymom.com Founder, Michaela Madison will join other judges to choose a winner for the Tuscarawas County chapter, which has been merged with the Twin City Kids Coalition.
The national winner will be announced on March 23, 2018.
Michaela Madison Reporting