Five Tips to Make it Through the day as MOM.
We all know motherhood is hard work and some days seem as though they will never end. But, there are a few things you can do to try and relieve the stress, enjoy the moments and be more efficient. Take this advice on what’s worked for us here at Newsymom.com!
- Get up BEFORE your kids! While the idea of sleeping in may sound amazing, you’ll appreciate the 30 minutes of MOM-TIME alone in a quiet house much more. Grab your favorite book, catch up on your latest TV show, or just sit and stare out the window!
- Learn to adapt to unexpected change. We as mothers often times are the ringleader of our families lives. We make the schedules, we buy the food, we prepare the meals, we choose the outfits and so on. Often times we may find ourselves so strict on a schedule that when something goes wrong we lose it! If dinner isn’t served at 5:00 sharp…IT’S OKAY! If your toddler did more snacking than nutritious eating today…IT’S OKAY!
- Give yourself a break! The hustle and bustle of motherhood would drive anyone a little cuckoo. Sometimes you need to let the dishes and yourself…. SIT. Take five minutes to regroup and prepare yourself for the rest of the day.
- Set small goals. You may feel like it, but as a mother, you don’t always have to tackle the world and make the best breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Maybe you plan to make a lavish dinner with members of all food groups, so you go with frozen waffles for breakfast. IT’S OKAY!
- Focus on the NOW. Your 6-year-old doesn’t need to start studying for the SAT today, so you don’t need to worry about the future right now either. Today just worry about keeping the paint on the paper and off the walls, and making memories that will last a lifetime!