Tusky Valley Gears up for New School Year
(Zoareville, Ohio) – Tuscarawas Valley Local Schools move forward with filling positions.
At a recent Board of Education meeting, members agreed to the following personnel actions:
- Granted a one-year kindergarten teaching contract to Erika Smith effective August 20th.
- Granted classified contracts to Jamie Beaber, middle school instructional aide; Krystal Powell, primary school intervention specialist effective August 22nd; and Shirly Hill, the middle school cook, effective August 20th.
- Accepted the resignation of Nicholas Riley, high school intervention specialist, effective August 6th.
- Granted a two percent pay increase to Superintendent Mark Murphy and Treasurer Mark Phillips, effective August 1st.
- Approval to 28 substitute employees for classified positions pending verification of credentials.
Additionally, the board accepted donations including $100 from the Community Business Association for the Back to School Blast and Sparta Steel and Equipment for bus repairs. Board members also approved held an executive session regarding the negotiations or bargaining sessions with public employees in reference to compensation and/or other terms of their employment. No action was taken at the most recent meeting.