Healthy Tip Tuesday: Make Healthy Your 2019 Resolution
- Make an appointment for a check-up, vaccination or screening. Officials explain that regular oral and medical exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They can also help detect problems early when chances are better for treatment and cure.
- Wash your hands often! A continued recommendation to achieve a healthier life! Officials explain that when you wash your hands often with soap and water it helps prevent the spread of infection and illness. Handwashing involves five simple and effective steps – wet, lather, scrub, rinse and dry.
- Make healthy food choices. A healthy eating plan includes and emphasizes fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. Additionally, officials note it also includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. A healthy and balanced diet is also low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium) and added sugars.
- Get active! Experts encourage you to start small and work your way up to big goals in 2019. Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or parking further from your destination. Mall walking is another great way to stay active when the weather is cold or icy. Officials indicate adults should get at least 2 ½ hours a week of moderate-intensity physical activity.
- Be smoke-free! Being smoke-free will allow you to breathe more easily, give you more energy, feel less stressed, improves smell and taste, decreases your chances of developing serious illnesses and more!
- Get enough sleep. Despite how much needs done in 2019, experts indicate it’s critical that you get enough sleep. Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases and conditions – such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression. Adults need seven or more hours per night.
Healthy Tip Tuesday is an exclusive partnership between Newsymom.com and Trinity Hospital Twin City.