(Zoar, Ohio) – Historic Zoar Village is gearing up to host a volunteer open house next month.
The Volunteer Open House will be held on Saturday, March 2 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm in the Sewing House at 221 W. 3rd Street in Zoar.
One of the challenges facing non-profit organizations is finding enough volunteers to help with events, festivals, and day-to-day business. To help meet this challenge for them, Historic Zoar Village will be hosting a Volunteer Open House where interested parties can learn more about ways they can help.
“We welcome anyone who loves history, gardening, education or art,” said Stephanie Toole, assistant site director and volunteer coordinator for Historic Zoar Village. “In fact, the village is searching for volunteers of all ages for varied tasks ranging from giving tours as a costumed tour guide to selling tickets at festivals, helping maintain the Zoar garden and assisting with school field trips.”
Officials note not all volunteers will be asked to dress in costume as there are many tasks volunteers can assist with.
Anyone who is interested and can volunteer any amount of time at all may stop by the Sewing House at their convenience to speak with Stephanie and current volunteers about opportunities within the village. Volunteers can contribute as few or as many hours as desired.
Those interested are asked to attend the event or call 330-874-3011 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the village, in general, is available at www.historiczoarvillage.com or at facebook/historiczoarvillage.
About Historic Zoar Village
Historic Zoar Village (www.historiczoarvillage.com) was founded by German Separatists in 1817 and thrived as a communal settlement for more than 80 years. Today, the village is home to approximately 75 families living in homes built from 1817 to present. Zoar’s historical district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and listed as a National Historic Landmark District. Dozens of village structures have been painstakingly preserved through the collaborative efforts of the Zoar Community Association and the Ohio History Connection.