(Canton, Ohio) – The applicants seek to become the leader of Stark County’s largest school district.
Of the 29 throwing their hat in the ring, 10 are current Superintendents, three are assistant superintendents and six are principals.
The Canton City School Board of Education is expected to review the list of candidates during a special meeting set for 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 19th. The discussion will take place in a closed-door meeting and no formal decisions are expected.
Officials explain the first round of interviews will begin March 26th.
The chosen candidate will succeed interim Superintendent Barbara Maceyak who took over the role after former Superintendent Adrian Allison parted ways with the district earlier this year.
Applicants for Canton City Schools superintendent:
- Romy Adams, a reading specialist at Euclid City Schools
- Kristin Barker, assistant superintendent at Whitehall City Schools
- Gregory Blondheim Sr., elementary school principal at Akron Public Schools
- Roger Cade II, principal grade 7-12 at Buckeye United School District
- Ryan Caldwell, superintendent at Rolling Hills Local School District
- Matthew Chrispin, high school principal at Fredericktown Local Schools
- Vincent Colaluca, superintendent of Austintown Local School District
- George Fisk, superintendent of Norwalk City School District
- Felisha Gould, assistant superintendent of Cleveland Heights-University Heights
- Jeffrey Graham, regional superintendent of Cleveland Municipal City Schools
- Shelley Hilderbrand, superintendent of Madison Local Schools
- Amy Hill, adjunct professor at Ashland University
- Frederick “Ted” Jebens, superintendent of Lockland Local School District
- Kenya Mandeldove-Sadler, deputy chief of transformation at Youngstown City School District
- Jude Meyers, superintendent of Gallia County Local Schools
- Veronica Motley, assistant superintendent of teaching and learning at South Euclid-Lyndhurst schools
- Robert Newman, a teacher in the Canton City School District
- Ronardo Reeves, an associate/consultant at Center for Transformative Teacher Training
- Michael Shreffler, superintendent of Northwest Local Schools
- Arthur Stellar, vice president at National Education Foundation & CyberLearning
- Stephen Stohla, former interim superintendent of the Youngstown City School District; former Alliance City Schools superintendent
- Deidre Stokes-Davis, director of the student, family, community support and director of state and federal programs at the Canton City School District
- Vincent Suber, principal at Streetsboro Middle School
- Jeffery Talbert, superintendent of Alliance City Schools
- George Thomas, chief turnaround officer for the Georgia State Board of Education
- Jeffrey Thompson, superintendent of Mount Gilead Exempted Village School District
- Clifford Wallace, high school principal at Propel Schools
- David White, principal at Trotwood Madison City Schools
- Sandy Womack Jr., director of principal leadership and development and the equity task force at the Cleveland Heights School District; former Canton City Schools principal