(Canton, Ohio) – The Women’s Fund of Stark Community Foundation is announcing more than $18,000 in grants.
Grant recipients included:
- Canton Calvary Mission – $3,000 to support CAPS (Calvary after-school program) for children in kindergarten through high school. The program provides healthy snacks, enrichment activities, one-on-one tutoring, and graduation action plans. The grant funds are expected to be used for supplies, field trips, and special events.
- Domestic Violence Project – $2,000 will be used to provide adult and child residents of its emergency shelters with admission to activities and events for the Adult and Child Empower Hour Project.
- En-Rich-Ment – $2,339 will be used to support the Shorb beautification project. Dollars will e spent to plant a garden for the local neighborhood.
- Hannah’s House 119 – The organization has received $3,000 to assist 2019 summer programming. The funds will be used for programming and outings.
- RAM Ministries – $5,000 will be used to support Women of Courage, a training program designed to assist women who are struggling in the Alliance area by helping with job placement, to find a purpose in life, exhibit excellent character and set goals for themselves and their families.
- Tiqvah Hands of Hope – $3,000 will be used to support a licensed therapist for the mindfulness program, which assesses each student’s strengths and interests, and then teaches skills to support those strengths, overcome weaknesses and be successful in school, the community and future employment.