(Ohio) – Akron Children’s Hospital is helping parents and student-athletes cross sports physicals off their to-do lists this summer.
Sports physicals, required for high school student-athletes by the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), will be available at all four Akron Children’s Urgent Care sites starting June 10 through Sept. 15.
Appointments are available Mondays through Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Montrose Urgent Care location, 4125 Medina Road in Akron (330-665-8147). Appointments are available Mondays through Fridays from 3 to 6:30 p.m. at Urgent Care sites in Hudson, 5655 Hudson Drive (330-342-5437); Mansfield, 1029 S. Trimble Road (419-521-2950); and Warren, 5000 E. Market St., Suite 29 (330-856-8020). Call the preferred location to schedule your appointment.
Sports physicals cost $45 per student-athlete, and payment by cash or credit card is due at the time of service. Insurance will not be billed.
Parents should also keep the following in mind:
- These appointments are for sports physicals only – not camp or pre-employment physicals or immunizations.
- Sports physicals are not meant to replace annual well visits, which are recommended for all ages.
- All OHSAA forms must be completed and printed prior to arrival, or the appointment will be rescheduled. Forms are available from coaches and school athletic departments or online at ohsaa.org/medicine/physicalexamform.
- Completion of a physical doesn’t guarantee clearance for sports participation.
- Teens who wear glasses or contact lenses should bring them to their appointment.
Patients under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.