(Dennison, Ohio) – In this week’s Healthy Tip Tuesday, Trinity Hosptial Twin City is bringing you a few tips to stay safe while having fun and staying cool this summer.
- Learn how to prevent recreational water illnesses and help protect yourself and your kids.
- Help kids get H2O Smartz about water safety.
Drownings are the leading cause of injury death for young children ages 1 to 4, and three children die every day as a result of drowning.
- Always supervise children when in or around water. A responsible adult should constantly watch young children.
- Teach kids to swim. Formal swimming lessons can protect young children from drowning.
- Learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Your CPR skills could save someone’s life.
- Install a four-sided fence around home pools.
Recreational boating can be a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends. Make boating safety a priority.
- Wear a properly fitted life jacket every time you and your loved ones are on the water.