(3 Minute Read) – Dennison, Ohio – Participate in National Wear Red Day by wearing red on the first Friday of every February.
In this week’s Healthy Tip Tuesday Trinity Hospital Twin City is encouraging you to wear read and is offering a few tips from the CDC to promote a healthy heart!
Wearing red will help raise awareness about heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the United States. Use these tips to take action in lowering your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
- Ask your doctor or nurse how to maintain a healthy weight and how to prevent and control high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- If you smoke, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to help you quit.
- Limit alcohol.
- Make healthy food choices for meals and snacks. Grab a healthy snack on the go.
- Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away and walk.
- Know the symptoms of a heart attack.