Newsymom July Recommendations – ‘What if we were all the same?’ * ‘Just Mercy.”
- 2020 Gold recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award
- Award Winner in the 2019 Children’s Picture Book Category by American Book Fest
What If We Were All The Same! is fun-filled with rhymes and colorful illustrations, brings attention to tough topics children can relate to.
- Great book for parents; conversation starter to discuss prejudices and racism to kids
- Great book for librarians and teachers; school introduction or back-to-school reading
- Great book to discuss friendship, acceptance, empathy, bullying, and more
- Great multicultural representation of diversity, inclusion, and acceptance
Get your copy here.
A powerful true story that follows young lawyer Bryan Stevenson and his battle for justice as he defends a man sentenced to death despite evidence proving his innocence.
Watch the movie here.
Join us later this month as we come together for a live discussion and share our thoughts and feelings on this material. We hope you’ll join us and share yours as well as we continue to learn and grow together both as mothers and human beings.