These make a great breakfast or snack option!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 package Puff Pastry
- 3/4 cups cranberry sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Use a medium bowl and an electric mixer (on low) to beat together cream cheese, egg yolks, and 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Roughly 2-3 minutes. And then, set aside.
- Roll out 1 puff pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into four 5-inch squares.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in the center of each square and top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce.
- Dampen the edges of each square with water and fold over to form a triangle. Press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Transfer the turnovers to a parchment-lined baking pan. Repeat steps 3-5 with the second puff pastry sheet.
- Bake the turnovers until puffed and golden brown, roughly 20 minutes, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the rest of the confectioners’ sugar and add 4 tablespoons of water until a thick, but flowing icing forms. Fill a resealable plastic bag with the icing, seal it, and snip off a tiny corner. Pipe the icing over the turnovers.