Your family will be drooling!
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 large baguette
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 tbsp. snipped chives
- Spray square 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk milk, eggs, mustard, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to blend.
- Arrange half of the bread, overlapping, in baking dish.
- Pour half of the milk mixture over bread; sprinkle with half of Cheddar.
- Top with ham, then repeat the layering of bread, milk, and Cheddar.
- Cover the dish and chill 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and custard is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.