Pretzels and honey mustard are one of those mouth-watering combinations. Turn one of your favorite snacks into dinner with this sheet pan honey mustard-pretzel chicken.
Your taste buds will thank you after you prepare this salty, crunchy, sweet, and tangy chicken. The pretzel coating not only provides all the texture you’re looking for in your food, it protects the chicken while baking so it stays nice and juicy on the inside. After it’s done baking, there’s only one thing left to do – dip it in more honey mustard!
6 c. tiny pretzel twists
1/4 c. French’s Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, plus more for serving
2 large eggs
1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°. Generously grease two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. In a large resealable plastic bag, crush pretzels with the back of a wooden spoon or rolling pin, until mixture is coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together honey mustard and egg. In a medium bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly with flour.
- Dip each chicken piece in honey mustard mixture, letting excess drip off, then roll in pretzels, pressing in the pretzels with your fingers. Transfer to prepared baking sheets in an even single layer and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Bake, turning halfway through, until chicken is cooked through and pretzels are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken with more honey mustard.