- This event has passed.
March 2 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
CANTON Stark County District Library will kick off the gardening season with its Eco-Fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 2 at Main Library, 715 Market Ave. N.
Guests can visit with exhibitors and attend free presentations on topics including tree care, gardening and wildlife rehabilitation from local sustainability experts. Exhibitors will include arborists for Canton, Stark Parks, Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Stark County Master Gardener Volunteers. The Eco-Fair also marks the return of the community seed bank, which provides free seeds to those interested in gardening.
The schedule of free presentations in the library’s Innovation Center is:
- 9 a.m. – Planting and Pruning of Trees with Dick Drake, Canton city arborist.
- 10 a.m. – Introduction to New Annuals, Perennials and Favorites and Container Gardening with Connie Greathouse, Master Gardener/ Harvest Home Nursery.
- 11 a.m. — Wildlife Rehabilitation with Amanda Perry of Stark Parks.
- Noon — Drip Irrigation and Grow Lights with John Neibel, Master Gardener.
- 1 p.m. — Wildlife Animals with Fran Kitchen, Ohio State Licensed Rehabilitator and guests.
- 3 p.m. — How to Weave a Purse from Plastic Bags with Wendy from Stark-Tuscarawas.-Wayne Recycling District.
- 4 p.m. — Amending Soil with Rudy Moyer, Master Gardener.
For more information, contact the library at 330-452-0665.