APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 1ST, 2020
- A scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded to one full-time or part-time student for any Kent State Tuscarawas program, and be distributed as the full amount in the 2020 fall semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible to apply.
- The recipient must be enrolled (or accepted) as a student at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus.
- The recipient must maintain continuous enrollment at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus from one semester to the next to be eligible.
- The recipient must maintain a 2.5 GPA during the period of the scholarship award.
- Non-traditional students (returning adults) are eligible to apply. The scholarship is not automatically renewable, but previous recipients are eligible to re-apply as long as the required 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Geographic preferences: Any geographic location so long as the student is enrolled (or accepted) to Kent State University Tuscarawas.
- Possible allowable expenses include: Tuition, Fees, Books and Supplies
- Applicants must plan to claim a child as a dependent on their 2020 tax return.
How to Apply
Continuing your education is hard. It can be even harder when you are a parent. Newsymom is designed to support mothers and this scholarship allows us to do just that. Keep your head up and push on. YOU CAN DO IT!
We want to know what your plans are! Please choose one of the following prompts and respond with either a 1-2 page essay or a 2-3 minute video. Upload the document and/or video and complete the form below before submitting.
- How has being a mother influenced your decision to continue your education?
- What goals have you set for yourself and your family and how will continuing your education help you accomplish those goals?
The scholarship recipient will be announced prior to the start of the 2020 Fall semester at Kent Stat University at Tuscarawas.