Newsymom Scholarship Application
Please submit either a 1-2 page essay or a 1-2 minute video answering one of the following prompts:
1.) The Newsymom family believes that mothers can change the world, what do you do as a mother to change the world for the better in the midst of so much turmoil?
2.) What challenges did you face as a parent during a pandemic and how did you overcome them?
- A scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded to one full-time or part-time student for any Kent State Tuscarawas program, and be distributed as the full amount in the 2021 fall semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible to apply.
- The recipient must be enrolled (or accepted) as a student at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus.’
- The recipient must maintain continuous enrollment at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus from one semester to the next to be eligible.
- The recipient must maintain a 2.5 GPA during the period of the scholarship award.
- Non-traditional students (returning adults) are eligible to apply. The scholarship is not automatically renewable, but previous recipients are eligible to re-apply as long as the required 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Geographic preferences: Any geographic location so long as the student is enrolled (or accepted) to Kent State University Tuscarawas.
- Possible allowable expenses include: Tuition, Fees, Books and Supplies
- Applicants must plan to claim a child as a dependent on their 2020 tax return.
- Final essays can be submitted to email@example.com. Completed videos can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using WeTransfer.com.
The application deadline is July 1st, 2021. The award recipient will be announced in August prior to the start of the 2021 Fall semester.