Newsymom Scholarship Application
Please submit either a 1-2 page essay or a 1-2 minute video answering the following prompt:
As mothers we often find ourselves feeling guilty and/or less than because we compare ourselves to other mothers. Removing the mask or filter that displays the "perfect view," what do you wish people knew about the realities of motherhood behind the scenes?
For example: What do you silently hope for? What do you wish your spouse or significant other knew? What do you worry about? What gives you butterflies? What are those silent victories that give you the push you need to keep going?
Also, please include in your essay what victories keep you motivated as you embark on furthering your education.
- A scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded to one full-time or part-time student for any Kent State Tuscarawas program, and be distributed as the full amount in the 2022 Fall semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible to apply.
- The recipient must be enrolled (or accepted) as a student at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus.’
- The recipient must maintain continuous enrollment at the Kent State Tuscarawas campus from one semester to the next to be eligible.
- The recipient must maintain a 2.5 GPA during the period of the scholarship award.
- Non-traditional students (returning adults) are eligible to apply. The scholarship is not automatically renewable, but previous recipients are eligible to re-apply as long as the required 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Geographic preferences: Any geographic location so long as the student is enrolled (or accepted) to Kent State University Tuscarawas.
- Possible allowable expenses include: Tuition, Fees, Books and Supplies
- Applicants must plan to claim a child as a dependent on their 2021 tax return.
- Final essays can be submitted to email@example.com. Completed videos can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using WeTransfer.com.
The application deadline is May 1st, 2022. The award recipient will be announced in July prior to the start of the 2022 Fall semester.