(Canton, Ohio) – Construction is underway for a new football-themed waterpark at Hall of Fame Village.
According to a recent announcement by the Hall of Fame Village, officials estimate that the 147,000-square-foot family attraction will take around two years to build. It will be located next to the premium Hilton Tapestry Hotel.
The new attraction is expected to feature a water slide tower, a wave pool, a zero-entry fun zone, a lazy river, a swim bar, and an outdoor entertainment section. Reportedly, according to the release, this would be the only football-themed waterpark in the country.
The waterpark, among other features, is part of Phase II of the Hall of Fame Village’s construction plan.
Additional elements include:
- Premium Hilton Tapestry Hotel – A seven-story, 154,000 square foot premium Hilton Tapestry Hotel featuring 180 guestrooms, 10 suites, a 5,000 square foot ballroom, 2,100 square feet of meeting rooms, an indoor pool and fitness center, as well as a full service 106 seat restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.
- Constellation Center for Excellence – Located in the west endzone of Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, the 75,000-square-foot retail, research, and office building serves as the anchor for a one-of-a-kind media mesh video wall attached to the side of the structure.
- Center for Performance – An entertainment and performance area with endless possibilities containing 85,000 square feet of exhibition halls and athletic performance space.
- Fan Engagement Zone – Unique retail offerings for guests with rooftop views of campus and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.
- Play-Action Plaza – 3.5 acre green space located adjacent to the Retail Promenade is a fun, football-themed green space for recreation, events, and informal gatherings.
- Hall of Fame Village Sports Complex – Three additional synthetic turf multi-purpose fields with tournament-quality lighting as well as on-site food and beverage.