Sometimes, you just need pasta. Fulfill your cravings with this savory, comforting pasta dish.
Today’s affordable family dinner recipe is courtesy of the Stark County Hunger Task Force.
Looking for a way to use that leftover Thanksgiving turkey? This creamy pasta dish with turkey, mushrooms, and cheese makes for an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 tbsp. butter, divided
1 lb. spaghetti
1 lb. sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/2 c. white wine
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 c. heavy cream
2 lb. leftover roast turkey, chopped (about 5 cups)
1 c. shredded white cheddar
1 c. frozen peas
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and wine and cook until most of wine is absorbed and mushrooms are soft, 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to skillet, then whisk in flour and cook until golden, 3 minutes. Slowly add broth and cream and whisk until no lumps remain. Simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add turkey, cheese, peas, and oregano and toss until combined. Add cooked spaghetti and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper then transfer mixture into prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss to combine panko, Parmesan, and oil. Top baking dish evenly with panko mixture.
- Bake until top is golden and cheese is melty, 25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Delish.com is one of our favorite resources for easy, delicious family meals.
1 thought on “Affordable Family Dinners – Turkey Tetrazzini”
Pingback: Thanksgiving Tips: Taking Care of the Turkey! - Newsymom