Buckeye Career Center: “We look forward to the start of the 2021-2022 school year!”
The following is the letter in its entirety submitted by Buckeye Career Center.
“There has never been a better time for students to attend the Buckeye Career Center and learn the skills necessary to be successful after high school or complete an adult education program. The need for skilled workers only improves what we do at Buckeye Career Center. Our graduate placement continues to exceed 95% each year. Like all schools and workplaces, we have had two years that forced us to improvise, adapt and improve ourselves. The beginning of this school year will be no different. Buckeye Career Center will not require face coverings to be worn inside our buildings. We will continue to do everything in our control to maintain a safe environment. We have made upgrades to all HVAC systems within our buildings. We will continue to use all cleaning methods that have been recommended throughout the COVID Pandemic. With these things in mind, we will start the year with the following conditions:
1) Buckeye Career Center High School and Adult Education will be on a pre-COVID schedule for staff and students
2) The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODHE) recommend masks for students and staff, but they will not be needed at this time.
3) Masks will be required in transportation provided by Buckeye Career Center.
4) The CDC and ODHE recommend vaccinations for students and staff, but they are not required.
5) Buckeye Career Center will continue with recommended cleaning protocols and will make hand sanitizer available in all buildings.
6) Please note that students participating in internships, school-to-work, or other work-based learning programs will follow the requirements of that facility or employer.
We will follow the mandates of the Ohio Department of Health and/or the Ohio Department of Education that could change these conditions.
I am very happy that we are going back to school on a normal schedule. As I said earlier, there has never been a better time for career and technical education. The need for professional and skilled employees is great and will continue to grow over the next decade. We pride ourselves on being a solution for those needs! We look forward to a great year!”
-Superintendent, Bob Alsept