Newsymom has the details for Stark County Moms & Dads to find out about free summer kid’s meals this summer 2022.
Children in Stark County will be able to receive free meals in the area. Meals will need to be eaten at the facility as opposed to “grab and go” There is help this summer for families planning their day thanks to the U.S.Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service. The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is a federally-funded, state-administered program. Per the Ohio Department of Education, “All children ages 1 through 18 are eligible to receive free meals during the summer months at participating program sites. Individuals ages 19 through 21 who have been identified as having mental or physical disabilities and are following Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) through their current enrollment in educational programs also are eligible for free summer meals.”
Check your local School District!
Seek out your Salvation Army.
Find out if your local library is doing a giveaway.
Scan the Stark County Food Pantry List here
Free Kid’s Summer Meals:
Plain Local Schools is proud to help fight food insecurity this summer in our community. Our food service department will provide meals at several locations for families in need. Breakfast and lunch will be provided Monday-Friday, June 1 – August 12, 2022. Please note no meals will be provided on July 4, 2022. Meals are provided at no cost to children ages 1-18 in our community.
- GLENOAK HIGH SCHOOL 1801 Schneider St. NE Canton, Ohio 44721
- Dates: June 1 – August 12
- Location: School Commons
- Breakfast served from 8:15 – 8:45 a.m.
- Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- ELLISDALE MHA APARTMENTS 3809 31st St NE Canton, OH 44705
- Dates: June 6 – August 12
- Location: Community Room
- Lunch served from 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Throughout the summer months, Perry Local School District will be serving FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH to ANY Student/Child who is 18 years of age and under (children with developmental disabilities and approved individualized education programs may participate through 21 years of age). Students must eat in the cafeteria. To-go meals are not permitted. Parents who bring their child(ren) may buy breakfast for $1.35/Lunch $3.50 No Paperwork – No Enrollment – Just Come and Join Us!
Canton South High School
Summer meals are free to all children ages 1-18. Breakfast and lunch will be served in the Canton South High School cafeteria. Meals must be consumed at school (no grab & go). Link to menu
- 8:30 – 9:00am – Breakfast
- 11:00 – 11:30am – Lunch
- Mon. – Thur. – June 6-9
- Mon. – Thurs. – June 13-16
- Tues. – Thurs. – June 21-23
- Mon. – Thurs. – June 27-30
- Tues. – Thurs.- July 5-7
- Mon. – Thurs. – July 11-14
- Mon. – Thurs.- July 18-21
- Mon. – Thurs. – July 25-28
More Free Summer Kid’s Meals Locations in Plain Township and Canton City:
Locations and times are being added daily- Newsymom will keep this article updated with more as information is released. Here is the interactive map of Ohio Summer Food Service Program from the Ohio Department of Education. This map will be updated as well, especially as the school year comes to a close.
|Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health|
|GlenOak High School|
|Jackson-Sherrick Metropolitan Housing Apartments|
|Mahoning Manor Stark Metropolitan Housing Complex|
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has great resources to teach children about nutrition with “MyPlate”. There are online games, activity sheets, and apps for children and adults here. Free meals distributed at the public schools will attempt to contain food from each of these colored food groups.
More Stark County Resources are found here.