We all want to stay safe and healthy during the holiday season. Here are some ways to stay safe and healthy during the holidays.
This year’s holiday season may look a little bit different for everyone, but one thing that is the same for everyone is that we all want to stay healthy through the holidays. As we enter the cold winter months, we not only have COVID-19, but now flu season. The CDC and Trinity Hospital Twin City give tips to help us thrive throughout the holiday season.
- Wash hands often, in warm water, with soap, and for at least 20 seconds
- Buddle up and stay dry outside
- Manage stress: try not to get too overwhelmed mentally during the holiday season
- Do not drink and drive! Make sure you call a family member or friend for a ride
- Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke
- Always buckle up when driving
- Continue your regular doctor’s appointments and physical examinations: Those are easy to put off until after the holidays.
- Get your vaccinations, especially the flu vaccine. All children over the age of 6 months can receive one.
- Keep an eye on young children when cooking and prepping holiday meals
- Brush up on fire safety skills
- Prepare holiday food safely
- Eat healthy and stay active
It is easy during holidays to slack off on physical activity and eating healthy, but it is important to keep up the routine into the holidays. You will enjoy the season more if you do.