If you find yourself in need of an emergency loaf of bread and you can’t track down yeast, don’t worry!
Follow this quick and easy recipe to make great tasting bread without yeast!
2 1/2 cups of plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cups milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and then stir in the milk.
- Mix until dough is formed. Add slightly more flour if it is too sticky.
- Knead the dough briefly until it has a uniform consistency.
- Shape dough into a round disk about 1-1 1/2 inches thick. Do NOT leave in a thick ball. The middle will not bake properly. Score the top.
- Bake on stone or cookie sheet for 35 minutes until pale brown and starting to hollow.