(Canton, Ohio) – Thousands of dollars in federal grants have been awarded to support youth summer programs.
The $418,000 in funding is part of the annual Summer Program. The dollars make it possible for 361 young people from low-to-moderate income households to participate in summer programs from ages 3 to 18.
Programs to receive funding include:
- EN-RICH-MENTof Stark County received a $60,000 grant from the City of Canton for a fine arts summer camp to assist 87 youth, 5 to 18-years-old. The money will be used between June 22nd and July 23rd. Contact Betty Smith at 330-546-7724 for more information.
- Heritage Christian School received $14,000 from the City of Canton for a summer enrichment camp to serve 54 children ages 3 to 12 or entering 6th grade in the fall. The program funds will be sued between June 3rd and August 7th. Contact Heritage Christian School for more information at 330-452-8271.
- PAX Project for Academic Excellence was awarded a $15,000 grant from the City of Canton for a summer tech camp to serve 15-20 children ages 7 to 17. The funds will be used between July 1st and August 14th. Please contact Crystal Smith at 330-284-5702 or Mark Bigsbee at 330-265-3787 for more information.
- Stark County Community Action Agency received a $100,000 grant from the City of Canton to serve 60 children ages 14 to 15 with career exploration. Programming will take place from June 22nd through July 17th. Please contact Amanda Stewart at 330-454-1676 #151 or email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- TomTod Ideas received a $24,000 grant from the City of Canton to serve 30 children ages 12-14 years of age with a three-week summer camp. Dollars will be used for programing between July 6th and July 24th. Contact Joel Harris at 330-614-4753.
- OhioMeansJobs was awarded $20,000 from the City of Canton to serve 38 children ages 16 to 18 with summer employment through a partnership with area employers. Dollars will be used between June 22nd and August 7th. Contact Alanna Nichols at 330-454-1676 #260 for more information.
- Canton Parks & Recreation Department has been awarded $50,000 in federal funds that will be used to serve 72 children Kindergarten through 5th grade with virtual recreational programming. The dollars will be used for programming from June 22nd through July 31st. Contact Skyler Parks at 330-438-6543 for more information.