(Ashland, Ohio) – The application window to apply for vouchers for the Ready Set Learn Program is set to open this month.
- What: This program provides a $250.00 voucher for each eligible school-age child (K-12). Vouchers are for the purchase of school clothing and supplies only, no personal items. This program is limited to Ashland County residents.
- When: June 15, 2020, through the close of business on June 26, 2020. This program may be discontinued earlier if funding is exhausted.
- Where: Applications must be submitted in person at ACDJFS at 15 West 4th Street, Ashland. Faxed, mailed or applications placed in the agency drop box will not be accepted. Applications will not be accepted prior to June 15, 2020, or later than June 26, 2020.
- What Do I Need: A completed application and verification of the entire household income for the last 30 days. To be eligible, at least one member of the AG must be employed 20 hours per week for at least four weeks in the prior 60 days to the application date. (not to be averaged). If during the 30 day period, a holiday or employment shutdown has occurred, the affected week(s) may be waived for consideration.
If the assistance group (AG) contains only one adult member and that person is receiving SSI, SSD, or other documented disability payments, the work requirement shall be waived. If the AG contains two adults, one must be meeting the work requirement or both must be receiving documented disability payments. However, if there are two adult members of the AG and one receives a veteran’s administration full disability or SSD, and the other adult provides full-time care for the disabled adult, the work requirement is waived.
Applications will not be processed until all required documentation is submitted. Failure to provide documentation requested may result in denial of the application.
- No face-to-face interview is necessary.
- When & Where Do I Shop? Each approved application will be assigned a shopping day (August 7th or August 14th) at Ashland Wal-Mart from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Approved applicants will receive a voucher and shopping details including dates, times, and purchase guidelines.
- Household income must be at or below the 200% federal poverty level:
|Family Size||Gross Monthly Income Standard|
Download the application here.