(Canton, Ohio) – New COVID-19 related policies are now in effect statewide as part of the Responsible RestartOhio plan.
Canton Parks and Recreation, per the statewide guidelines, is issuing new policies. According to parks officials, the following policies are now being implemented:
- The main office at 1414 Market Avenue North is open by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 330-456-4521 or by sending an email to email@example.com. All visitors are required to wear a mask inside the building.
- West Park at Ninth and Schroyer Avenue SW is now reopened.
- The Wayne Douglas Jamerson Spray Park at the Edward ‘Peel’ Coleman Community Center will remain closed for the season.
- Pickleball and tennis court doubles games are permitted so long as social distancing is maintained.
- Portable toilets will be accessible outside the closed park bathrooms. Some of the bathrooms will be reopened in phases. Officials note “all bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.”
- The use of playgrounds and outdoor fitness equipment is still not permitted.
- Basketball courts and the Edward ‘Peel’ Coleman Community Center will remain closed until further notice.
- Shelter and facility rentals will continue to be suspended.
- Adult leagues, such as softball, sand volleyball, and kickball will resume this summer.
- Information regarding adult and youth summer programs is expected to be released later.