The holiday season is here and protocols have been put in place to ensure the magic of the holidays continues!
Real People. Real Fun. Travel Tusc. is brought to you in partnership with the Tuscarawas County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
THE POLAR EXPRESSTMAT THE DENNISON DEPOT
Make lifetime family memories! Put on your favorite pair of pajamas and hop aboard THE POLAR EXPRESSTM for a magical journey to the North Pole! The Dennison Depot offers the authentic POLAR EXPRESSTM Train ride, sanctioned by Warner Brothers and Rail Events.
Join us for this family reenactment of the award-winning book, “THE POLAR EXPRESSTM“, written by Chris Van Allsburg. Your adventure begins on board our decorated vintage coaches as Storytellers read the story aloud. As the train heads north toward the North Pole, festive elves will entertain you with songs, games, and activities. As you travel to the North Pole enjoy a beverage and delicious cookies, specially made by Mrs. Claus just for you.
When the train arrives at the North Pole, you will see Santa and his workshop out your train window. (Passengers do not get off the train.) Our visit to the North Pole lasts long enough to pick up the most important person – Santa! Once onboard, Santa will visit with children and gift them all with a special jingle bell taken from his reindeer’s harness. When you hear the bell ring…you truly believe!
DATES & TIMES:
December 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 12th, and 13th, 2020
Friday trips depart at 6pm and 8pm.
Saturday and Sunday trips depart at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
*Please be sure to read through all of the COVID-19 safety protocols listed below. The Dennison Railroad Depot Museum and Genessee and Wyoming Railroad are operating with elevated safety practices and procedures including constant sanitation, the wearing of masks, practicing social distancing, and operating trains at approximately 50% capacity to improve overall safety.
- Masks will be required for all passengers. Volunteers, staff members, and special visitors will also be wearing masks. Please see The State of Ohio’s mask guidelines here.
- Social Distancing of 6ft between parties will be practiced at all times.
- Parties will be sat in “family bubbles” with a barrier row in between them and the next group to enforce social distancing.
- All passengers will get their temperature checked and get asked a series of COVID- related questions.
- Seating will only be at approximately 50% to ensure plenty of room to social distance.
- We also encourage all passengers to frequently visit our Santa-tation Stations throughout the campus.
- We ask that all passengers pay attention to and follow the increased signage we will have on our premises. We will have strict foot trafficking guidelines to ensure the safest route possible.
- If you or someone in your party feel sick, please stay home.
- Lastly, the Purchase of a POLAR EXPRESSTMticket acknowledges that passengers willingly agree to adhere to all required safety protocols that align with the CDC and State of Ohio Safety Protocols. If these are not followed, you may be asked to not ride the train. Although we will have high standards of safety, passengers are fully aware that we cannot guarantee a COVID-19 free environment.
Find more information including ticket prices here!