We all know that one day it’s Halloween and the next morning people are singing jingle bells!
This DIY Home Project is brought to you by Novosel Real Estate LTD.
After tonight, it’ll be all about sleigh bells and mistletoe so how about a head start? It’s time to switch out your pumpkin scents and pick up some cinnamon and cranberry. But, before you head out and purchase a bunch of new candles and update your Febreze selection, check your pantry!
Consider simmering your own DIY holida potpourri on your stove and instantly gain some extra cozy cred.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tangerines halved
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise gives a strong black licorice smell. optional
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean + 1 vanilla extract
- 1 small branch fresh pine
- 1 cup apple cider pomegranate or cranberry juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium size sauce pot.
- Fill the pot 3/4 of the way full with water.
- Place it on the stove and bring the water to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add more water as needed.
- Let it simmer for close to 4 hours or so and then let it cool overnight.
- You can add in some more water the next day and let it simmer another four hours or so.
Your home will smell AMAZING!