May 6, State Support Team (SST) Region 7 will be virtually streaming a free live “Building Family Partnerships Palooza Day!”
SST7 serves school districts in Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Medina, Morrow, Richland, Seneca and Wyandot counties. The goal of SST7’s Building Family Partnerships Palooza program is to spread information on how to create better partnerships between families, schools and community. The team is continuously looking at school improvement, early learning, school readiness and exceptional children. Palooza day designed to help communicate the mission, “Each Child, Each Family Every Day.” Ultimately, to help students achieve their highest ability with members of the community and families.
How it works
All families are allowed to pick and choose free zoom sessions beginning at 9:00 am and going through 4:00 pm. The meetings will be live, however they will be recorded to view later on SST7’s website. The whole day will be filled with educational speakers including:
- Ph.D. Joyce Epstein, professor of education at Johns Hopkins University presenting, “Family Engagement with Students in Reading: Goal-linked Practices for Student Success in School”
- Lisa Cook, CLSD Director/Coach teaching, “Soar with Mother Goose Using Nursery Rhymes to Launch Early Literacy Skills!“
- Michelle Motil, a Family Support Liaison at OCALI sharing “Supporting Families and Their Learners who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing or Blind/Visually Impaired”
- Jonathan Martinis, Senior Director for Law and Policy for the Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University discussing “Supported Decision-Making: A Celebration”
Find the line up of Palooza Sessions here!
Similarly, the list continues with topics about:
- family engagement in phonics
- middle school years
- future success plans.
The free Palooza day includes families who have typically developing students in addition to those with developmental delays. Each of the sessions is between 45 minutes to one hour.
There are topics for families of all ages and stages.
In addition, the free “Building Family Partnerships Palooza Day” will recognize the 2020-2021 Outstanding Students and Educator/Educator Team Awards. The awards ceremony will be presented virtually from 11:45 am-1:00 pm. For questions about the event, contact SST7’s Heidi Orvosh-Kamenski at firstname.lastname@example.org.