Governor DeWine Enhances Bold Beginning Initiative to Support Parents – Governor DeWine announced his plan to enhance the Bold Beginning Initiative with the goal to make Ohio the best place to raise a family. Learn about the help he’s sending to moms right here on Newsymom!
Yesterday, Governor DeWine announced he’s making changes to further help parents here in Ohio to raise their families. His Bold Beginning Initiative aims to tackle a lot of the issues parents face within their child’s first few years of life–when development is most critical.
Bold Beginning Initiative Breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of some of the items in the Bold Beginning Initiative:
- Expansion of Ohio’s pre- and post-natal care to ensure women suffer through less complications from pregnancy and birth.
- Expansion of Medicaid to more adopted children, reducing an economic barrier on adopting children.
- Expansion of safe, stable housing for expecting mothers through programs such as Healthy Beginnings at Home.
- The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) will implement a program to aid fathers owing child support with tools and education to raise their earning potential.
- Expansion of quality child care throughout Ohio for working families.
There’s a bunch more that Ohio is working on doing to provide assistance to families. You can read more about the initiative and check your eligibility for programs here: Bold Beginning Initiative
SCCAA Community Actions Pathway HUB Is Here to Help You Now
While some of those programs are being worked through with legislation, the SCCAA’s Pathway HUB is available to help pregnant and new mothers right now!
There’s help available if you need:
- Car Seats
- Rides to appointments
- And more!
For more information, please contact the SCCAA’s Pathways HUB at (330) 454-1676 ext. 153.