As February comes to a close it is easy to remember the love and Valentine’s Day that accompany the month. However, before we look too far into Spring it is important to observe heart health this month, and every month. Read on to learn more about cardiovascular disease (heart disease), different types, and tips to improve heart health.
Healthy Tip Tuesday is brought to you in partnership with Trinity Health Systems.
Heart disease or Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in the United States and Worldwide.
Heart disease is a range of conditions:
- Coronary heart disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Peripheral artery disease
Learn more about each one at The American Heart Association.
Here is a list of small steps to improve heart health:
- Eat another vegetable and fruit each day.
- Don’t skip breakfast: add whole grains and oats to your meal.
- Include protein-rich beans, legumes, and nuts
- Add some fatty fish.
- Salmon, trout, tuna, herring, orange roughy, halibut, and mackerel are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- Find a hobby to enjoy that will help destress.
- Write down the positive, funny, or good things in life!
While there are numerous other things a person can also do to improve their health, if they pick one or two of these easy steps to make their way to a healthier heart.