Summer Meal Program registration for all Tuscarawas County school age children is now open through May 25th!
If your child is currently enrolled in TUFF Bags, they will be getting an enrollment form for the summer program from their teacher.
If your child is not currently enrolled and you would like them to receive summer meal bags, please call 330-401-3283 to register.
What’s in the bags?
- Each bag will contain a minimum of 2 breakfast items, 2 lunch items, 2 snacks and a drink (much like our weekend bags).
Pick Up Locations:
- Newcomerstown Public Library every Tuesday beginning June 14 from 1-2 pm
- Eastport Elementary in Uhrichsville every Friday beginning June 10th from 11am-Noon
- Dover High School every Friday beginning June 10th from 11am-noon
- TUFF Bags Warehouse on Wednesdays beginning June 8th from 1-3 pm
- Families with transportation difficulties and who meet the income eligibility requirements may apply for home delivery through HARCATUS. Please call 740-922-3600 for more information.
There is an ongoing need for plastic grocery bags, gifts in kind and volunteers for packing days!
Approximately 5,570 Tuscarawas County children experience food insecurity, and the local Tuscarawas United – Feeding our Future (TUFF) Bags program is seeking support from individuals, businesses, and organizations to ensure that children have the nutrition they need to thrive. Food insecurity refers to the USDA’s measure of lack of regular access to nutritional food for active and healthy lives. In an effort to eliminate this problem, a collaboration of agencies assembled to create TUFF Bags, which operates solely by donations and grants. The program is working to eradicate childhood hunger in our community, as well as provide education, skill building, and community service for at-risk youth in the juvenile justice system. This is accomplished by providing at-risk youth community service hours in which they pack food that is delivered directly to food insecure children in Tuscarawas County. The food these children receive through TUFF Bags not only nourishes their bodies, but helps them reach their full academic and social potential by allowing them to leave school on Friday without the worry of going hungry until returning to school on Monday.