(Canton, Ohio) – Families within the Canton Local School district should soon receive a letter explaining the details of the 2020-2021 RESTART Plan.
The district issued the following announcement via its website where they explained plans to return to school in a traditional format, with appropriate safety measures, five days per week.
“We strongly believe the traditional school format is the best learning model for most students,” officials explained. The district also indicated plans to offer an online learning option through the Canton Local Virtual Academy 2020-2021 to families and students who are not able to or choose not to return to the traditional format at this time.
Those choosing online learning for their child(ren), must complete the online application form by Mon., August 3.
Canton Local families are expected to receive letters from the district this week explaining the plan in more detail.
Documents and Links:
- 2020-2021 Reset Restart Letter to Parents from Superintendent Milano with Safety Protocols*
- 2020-2021 Reset Restart Plan Presentation with Parent Survey Results
- Link to sign up for the Canton Local Virtual Academy
- Ohio K-12 COVID Guidelines (Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Department of Education)
- CDC Symptom Guidelines
- Ohio Department of Health COVID website (coronavirus.ohio.gov)
If you have a question or comment about the school reopening plans, please share it with us at https://tinyurl.com/20-21SchoolQuestions. We will answer questions submitted and add to our Frequently Asked Questions document.