(Sugarcreek, Ohio) – The Garaway Local School District has released the details regarding the district’s RESTART plan for the upcoming school year.
The district issued an announcement on Facebook and via its website outlining the details for the upcoming school year. Officials explained the start date will be August 24th. “We developed the following options to guide and prepare you for possible changes due to our current pandemic,” they explained in a plan overview for families. “ur hope and plan is to remain in the Traditional Model, but if our status changes with the Public Health Advisory System, we will begin to consider a necessary move to the Blended or Remote Models based on the guidance of the health professionals.”
Officials indicated the need for the entire process to be a team effort in order to keep the community safe and “make it an example of unity and love for others.”
The district outlined several safety policies and protocols that will be in place including:
- Staff are required to wear a mask or facial covering.
- Students are strongly encouraged ow ear a mask or facial covering in school, but it is not required.
- Students using school transportation MUST wear a mask or facial covering.
- Respect Social Distancing within school grounds.
- Practice hand washing and good hygiene. Hand sanitizer stations will be available in buildings.
Additionally, officials noted that if the available plan is not right for families the district is accepting enrollments into Garaway Virtual Academy. Families can also read a letter from Superintendent James A. Millet here.
1 thought on “TUSCARAWAS COUNTY – Garaway Local Schools announce RESTART plan for 2020-2021 school year”
Pingback: Introducing the New Fair Queen from the Tuscarawas County Fair - Newsymom