There are 6 reasons the Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market (TVFM) is #1 best-rated Farmer’s Market in all of Ohio and in the entire Midwest Region.
The Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market offers fun for the whole family and ranks top-notch for a variety of reasons.
When: Wednesday 3:00-7:00 pm through Mid- October
Where: Tuscarawas County Fairgrounds in Dover
It clings to its Mission
- “The Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market is designed to bring together families, neighbors, visitors, and local food producers to create a sense of community and social gathering, enhancing our quality of life and strengthening our economy. We encourage a partnership between buyers and growers of local farm products that benefits consumers and producers. We strive to serve culturally and economically diverse populations and to increase access to fresh, locally produced, nourishing, and safe foods for all people including children, the elderly, and families of all incomes.”
2. Accepts at least 8 methods to pay
Besides cash and credit, check these out!
- The market began in June 2009 and allowed for small businesses and shops to rent a 12×12 space for only $13 a day. They have held this price so local food makers are able to test out their products as a food incubator. This gives mom-and-pop type entities a chance to alter their ingredients and try new things without the overhead of a physical location. The market is loyal to the community.
4. Music and Meals
- The Tuscarawas Farmers Market has music at 5:00pm every Wednesday in July, and some evenings in August. There are hot food trucks for instant dinner options as well. The calendar is posted ahead of time here.
- This is a local producers-only market meaning that whatever is sold is produced by the seller. A list of regular vendors can be found here but there are many new ones that come every week! From produce, handmade scents, homegrown meat, maple syrup, microgreens, flowers, baked goods, handmade toys, pastries, breads, paintings, honey, wine and more!
6. Excellent Communication
Voting is going on now for 2021 American Farmland Trust Celebration showcasing essential markets across the nation making a difference.
Vote for Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market!
Since 1979, CBV has been dedicated to enhancing your life with outstanding opportunities in Tuscarawas County. Follow them on .
They are a non-profit organization committed to growing and maintaining Tuscarawas County as a wonderful location for meetings, conferences, conventions, displays, tourism, exhibits, expositions, shows, family fun, civic interest, and promoting the welfare of the community.