Add your favorite nacho toppings on top of a bed of crispy tater tots, and you get totchos. Your kids will love this twist on a classic.
Try turning a bag of frozen tater tots into a yummy appetizer or an easy meal by using them to make melted cheesy totchos with all the fixins! Unlike chips, tater tots don’t get soggy, so you get a crunchy bite every time. This recipe is fun, creative, and it’s perfect to feed a whole crowd.
2 (1-lb.) bags frozen tater tots
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. taco seasoning
1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 c. black beans
1 jalapeño, sliced
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
Sour cream, for serving
Guacamole, for serving
Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking dish with cooking spray. Add tater tots and bake until crispy, 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return skillet to stove and season with taco seasoning.
- Top tater tots with beef, tomatoes, black beans, jalapeños, and cheeses.
- Bake until warmed through and cheese is melty, 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro before serving.