It’s that time of year when everyone is rushing around to get back to school after a summer of activities or staycations. Now that it is time to get into a routine of back-to-school life. Let’s take a look at some safe and healthy ways to get back into the groove. Read on to learn more about look at the checklist.
Healthy Tip Tuesday is brought to you in partnership with Trinity Health Systems.
When it comes to health:
- Get kids up to date on all recommended vaccines. A person can look at the CDC recommendations here or ask their primary care physician.
- Help kids make healthy food choices.
- Make sure your child is getting a full night’s sleep on school nights.
- Encourage kids to stay active and join a club or team.
- Review the state and school districts requirements for children’s physicals.
When it comes to safety:
- Talk about bus safety with kids.
- If the child walks make sure they know the route, and how to use crosswalks.
- Encourage an open conversation about COVID-19. Some questions one could ask:
Some of these are easier topics to discuss than others, but all are important for setting up a healthy and safe school year. Good luck everyone!