Some people love the cold winter weather, while others sit and wait for it to pass, but it doesn’t always have to be negative. No matter what camp anyone sits in, it is essential to consider wellness plans during the winter. Read on to learn more about ways to actually enjoy winter, or get some new ideas for things to add to the routine to bring health!
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Do one thing at a time. Instead of trying to manage multiple tasks simultaneously all day long, take a ‘brain break’ of doing just one task at a time. It’s harder than it sounds!
- Take a technology break. The constant notifications from all of the electronic devices make it difficult to focus and be still.
- Create something new! This could be a piece of art, a musical number, a new recipe. Creating can light up other parts of your brain that may be yearning for use.
- Practice self-care. There is no substitute for eating healthy foods and getting enough sleep. Give the body what it needs.
- Find ways to relax. Try meditation, yoga, massage, or take a walk in the woods.
- Get outside. There is no substitute for natural light. If you work during the day, try to go for a walk during a break or lunch. Find a winter outdoor activity you enjoy like walking, hiking, tubing, ice skating, or skiing.
- Invite the birds into your yard. Did you know that bird-watching can help you feel more relaxed and happy? Providing birdseed and a heated water bath is sure to attract feather friends.