What Does a Day in the Life of a Childcare Provider Look Like? – You might’ve been thinking of a career change, and childcare is in hot demand right now! Take a look at what a day in the life of a childcare provider could like like for you right here on Newsymom!
Tuscarawas County continues to need childcare providers! We are seeing incredible demand for childcare and waits as long as months-years in some age groups…
If you’re a stay at home mama looking to earn some income to keep up with these rising costs, becoming a childcare provider could be the thing for you! You’ve already got the skills necessary by taking care of your little ones, so why not watch someone else’s children and get paid for it? (On your own schedule, I might add…)
What Does a Day in the Life of a Childcare Provider Look Like?
It looks very much like your own day with your littles! Some of the tasks you’ll be performing include the following:
- Preparing meals (most common: breakfast, lunch, snacks)
- Changing diapers or potty training
- Entertaining and teaching kids throughout the day
- Supervising while all the little ones play with each other
- Creating an encouraging space for nap time
When you join in the journey to become a provider, you’re starting your own business! That means you can set your own hours and rates, so your day may look a little different. Maybe you’re preparing dinner to reach your target audience of second shift parents. Or maybe you only want mornings until 1pm, so a secondary snack may not need to be offered!
You could also get paid weekly by JFS, so let’s do a happy dance for getting you some steady income!
COAD4Kids – New Philadelphia Will Get You Started – For Free!
COAD4Kids – New Philadelphia provides their services free of charge to help you launch your new childcare business. They also have programs that will help you:
- Cover expenses such as the background check, first aid kit, etc.
- Earn your CDA (Child Development Associate) while getting paid for it!
- Various education, such as this Parenting Education Course, where you can earn $30 towards gas or groceries!