Have you heard? It’s cool to be kind. Find a way to include your kids in putting a little kindness into action every day!
While World Kindness Day falls on November 13th, we can all agree that everyday should be a day to celebrate and spread kindness! Children have a natural instinct to be kind and selfless. It’s up to the adults in their lives to encourage, foster, and nurture that behavior.
- Increases oxytocin and serotonin levels
- Gives you energy, pleasure, and happiness
- Decreases pain and stress
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Lowers blood pressure
Where Do You Start?
You don’t have to be creative to spread kindness. Acts of kindness can be big or small, spontaneous or planned! Encourage your child or teen to join you. Try out some of these kind gestures:
- Ask about someone’s day
- Bake cookies for a neighbor or grandparent
- Offer to babysit or shovel someone’s driveway for free
- Ask a new friend to have lunch with you or sit with you in the cafeteria
Being kind is simple but very important. By encouraging your kid and setting a good example, you have the power to change not only their humane experience, but the experiences of those they interact with. For more information and tips on how to spread kindness, visit https://preventionactionalliance.org/advocate/newsletters/know-to-put-kindness-into-action-2.