Whether you’re looking for an inexpensive fall decor idea or you simply have to do SOMETHING with all of those old, plastic trick or treat buckets, this DIY is for you!
This DIY Home Project is brought to you by Novosel Real Estate LTD.
If you’re heading to the nearest dollar store to pick up a few of those plastic pumpking trick or treat buckets, or if you already have your fair share taking up room in your basement, this is a DIY you’ll love. Pumpkins are the perfect fall decor item because they can last from September through Novemeber!
Here’s what to do.
- Remove the bucket handle and spray paint the bucket a light color like cream or tan.
- Duck tape a few criss crosses over the opening of the bucket to close it up.
- Take a piece of burlap (large enough to cover your whole bucket) and lay it flat on a table.
- Cut the burlap into strips and place strip-by-strip from the bottom to the center of the top (vertically) of your bucket and hot glue to secure. Just be sure not to use too much glue in one spot otherwise it could leak through the burlap.
- Once your pumpkin is covered in burlap, pick your favorite fall ribon and add srips around the pumpkin leaving a burlap strip in between each ribbon strip.
- Next, find a nice, stumpy stick from your hard and hot glue in the center of the top of your pumpkin.
- And finally, ad bows, ribbon, etc. to decorate around the stem as you seefit!
And just like that, you have turned those hard-to-store, blue/green/orange/bright pink trick or treat buckets into classy fall decor fit for your front porch!