Pleasant Hill Lake Park will host Winter Fest on February 18, offering a variety of free family-friendly activities.
Bundle up and venture outside to enjoy the great outdoors at Pleasant Hill Lake Park. Beginning at 2 pm, the park will host a variety of free activities for the family. You can explore the trails or, for $5, take a horse-drawn wagon ride through the park.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 2-6 pm Winter Craft & Hot Chocolate Bar – Stop at the Welcome Center to make a fun winter craft and warm up with hot chocolate.
- 2-6 pm Campfire & S’mores – Visit the campfire behind the Welcome Center to make your own s’more and enjoy the warmth!
- 2-6 pm Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides – Enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride through the park. Space is limited and pre-registration is required online at the link below. $5 per person. Meet at the Welcome Center parking lot 10 minutes prior to your tour time.
- 2 & 4 pm Guided Group Hike – Take a guided group hike with MWCD staff. Meet at and be prepared for a by wearing hiking boots or shoes.
- 3p & 5 pm Winter Survival – Learn the basics of winter adventures, including dressing in layers for the weather and survival basics, plus learn how to build a fire- including how to start it with flint and steel! Meet on the Welcome Center deck.
To register for wagon rides, click here!
Archery Range at Pleasant Hill Lake Park – April 29
Osprey Wagon Tours at Pleasant Hill Lake Park – April 29
BB Gun Range at Pleasant Hill Lake Part – April 30
Ohio Boater Education Course for Kids at Pleasant Hill Lake Park – June 20
Receive program alerts straight to your phone, by texting the appropriate keyword below to 888777
The Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District is responsible stewards dedicated to providing the benefits of flood reduction, conservation, and recreation in the Muskingum River Watershed. The MWCD is the largest conservancy district in the state and led the effort to construct 14 dams and reservoirs. The MWCD has jurisdiction for its operations in all or portions of an 18-county area. The 18 counties wholly or partially contained in the MWCD jurisdiction are Ashland, Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Guernsey, Holmes, Harrison, Knox, Licking, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Richland, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas, Wayne, and Washington.
Audrey Mattevi, Reporting