As moms, we are always looking for healthy options for our kids’ meals, but the time to make extravagant presentations is often scarce. These easy-to-make peanut butter bars will make you and your kiddos happy!
- 1 15oz can low-sodium chickpeas
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment. Be sure to leave a little overhang of the parchment on the sides of the pan.
- Take a small bowl and mix together the oats, peanuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to a food processor and pulse a few times until combined, but chunky.
- Transfer 1 cup of the dough to a bowl and set it aside.
- Next, press the remaining dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Gently spread jam on top of the dough in your pan and crumble the rest of the dough you set aside on the top over the jam.
- Bake until the edges just pull away from the pan and the top is light golden brown. Roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool at for about 15 minutes in the pan, then (using the overhangs of your parchment) transfer to a rack and let it cool completely. Cut into 16 squares and serve or package for use later.