At KSU Tuscarawas, a major focus has been on Animation Game Design programs concentrating on the latest animation and game design within the industry.
With over 30 degrees to choose from, Kent State University (KSU) at Tuscarawas bachelor degree program in Animation Game Design has a major focus on the development of 2-D and 3-D animation and game design for the future. Kent State Tuscarawas’s Animation Game Design is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). This bachelor’s degree is for students looking to begin their career journey or for adults who are ready to switch careers. All learning can be done at the beautiful Tuscarawas Campus.
Tuscarawas Campus Animation Game Design Options
Bachelor of Science in Animation Game Design degree with a concentration in:
- Telling a story, presenting events, or explaining complex ideas with simulations, scripted films, or turntable models in portfolios with animation of still objects or images to create the illusion of life.
- Learn industry-standard game development by creating a series of increasingly complex game projects. Teaches the interactions between users and interfaces that include some playful elements such as points, rewards, competition, or role-play. Create tabletop games, 2-D, 3-D mobile, and virtual reality applications.
Future Career Paths
Kent State Tuscarawas animation game design graduates can become employed in positions such as:
- 2-D & 3-D digital graphic Designer
- Architectural Visualization role
- Virtual and Augmented Reality position
- Interactive Training simulations
- Broadcast or entertainment industry
Applications can be found online here
No application fees
No test scores needed for first-year students
- Upon acceptance into the program, the Tuscarawas campus offers all of the Animation Game Design classes and Kent Core requirements at their campus including some online options.
- Depending on your path, there are approximately 18 credit hours in your desired concentration in addition to the major requirements and Kent Core totaling a minimum of 120 credit hours to earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
- A roadmap is laid out for future students to view a clear path of courses and content required.
Why Go Anywhere Else?
Unique classroom opportunities present themselves exclusively to Tuscarawas students.
Kent State University at Tuscarawas Animation Game Design students and faculty are participating in the International IndeCade Horizons Festival June 12 and 13, 2021.
Zoom in on IndeCade Horizons
- Christopher Totten, author and assistant professor in the Animation Game Design program, and founder of Pie For Breakfast Studios provides insights into the International InDeCade Horizons event with WBTC radio on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021.
Virtual Student Research Colloquium
The Virtual Student Research Colloquium exclusively offers Tuscarawas undergraduate students an opportunity to learn the skills and methodologies in their major. The colloquium has been held annually for the past 24 years and open for all who are enrolled at the Tuscarawas campus to apply in the fall. Students’ curiosity is acknowledged and met while exploring an area of personal interest regarding and diving further into their meaningful research in their discipline.
This animated video (posted on Kent Tuscarawas facebook) was completely created by the talented Animation Game Design (AGD) students as their Virtual Student Research Colloquium project. The team of bright students and engineering technology instructors were involved in all aspects of creating this amazing 3-D film.
Tuscarawas Campus Benefits
- Accredited by the NASAD.
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment to learn and create with.
- Gold standard curriculum and excellent Professors.
- Christopher Totten, explains the history and current opportunities in animation game design, job forecast, and classroom programming opportunities. Listen to the WBTC 101.9 FM/1540 AM radio interview.
- Tutoring is offered for many Kent Core classes including psychology, biology, math, chemistry, and writing.
- Local advisors dedicated to the Tuscarawas campus will assist with academic forms, information, classes as well as success tips virtually or in person.
- USCAA sports teams on campus.
- Over $350K worth of scholarships awarded annually.
- Ability to gain future career experience in the Research Colloquium. The 2021 colloquium featured an Animation Game Design 3-D film.
Tuscarawas Campus Dedicated to Success
KSU Tuscarawas Animation Game Design Bachelor holders are able to fill positions in companies. The special effects animator’s job forecast from the U.S. Beauru of Labor Statistics predicted continued growth at the average 4% rate for the next eight years. KSU Tuscarawas has valuable career advisors for students seeking out internships or future employment.
Why go anywhere else when low tuition, close to home, extraordinary education is right down the road!
Kent State University at Tuscarawas 330 University Drive NE New Philadelphia, OH 44663 (330)-339-3391
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm (visited May 11, 2021).