Are you looking to become involved with a local non-profit that believes in the promise and power of youth? Become a match maker!
Mentor Mondays is brought to you by Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Ohio.
When you hear about Big Brothers Big Sisters, you most likely think about the “matches” that exist between children in the community and positive, caring adults. While vital in supporting and defending the potential of children, match relationships are not the only way in which the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters is made possible. Some individuals choose to invest in the lives of children through being a match maker.
5 Ways to Become a Match Maker
Make a One-Time Donation
- As it costs $1,200 to fund a match for one year, individual donations go a long way in supporting match relationships.
- Individual donations can be made through cash or check mailed to the office: 1260 Monroe Street NW New Philadelphia, Oh 44663.
- Donations can also be made through the website: www.bigs4kids.com.
Host a Fundraiser
- Fundraisers are beneficial in securing finances which help provide services to children, and they also bring awareness to the vision of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- You can host a fundraiser, and the agency will assist with marketing, logos, and further details to make your event a success.
- Ideas for fundraisers include hosting a car wash, chili cook-off, Facebook birthday fundraiser, or taking up a money collection through a round-up campaign, special church collection, or donation box at your local business.
Attend an Event
The local non-profit agency hosts numerous events throughout the year. These events provide an opportunity for people, like you, to support the matches in the program. Come to an event, meet Bigs and Littles, and see how your attendance makes a difference.
- Events include:
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake (www.bigs4kids.com/bowling)
- Golf Outing (www.bigs4kids.com/golf)
- Match Madness (www.bigs4kids.com/matchmadness)
- Tusc County Fair
- Annual Gala (www.bigs4kids.com/gala)
- Algonquin Mill Festival
- Cheers for Charity
Join The Empowerment Society
- The Empowerment Society is a monthly giving program that connects you to the mission in a whole new way, along with providing fun perks.
- Join The Empowerment Society at www.bigs4kids.com/empowerpotential/ to begin giving monthly, either through an automatic payment or check.
- There are multiple memberships levels with different benefits ranging from branded gifts, exclusive newsletters, and VIP events.
Share Our Mission
- The best way to assist Big Brothers Big Sisters in the work they do is to tell others about the vision – That all youth achieve their full potential.
- Make an impact in your community through sharing success stories, upcoming events, match pictures, and need requests at www.facebook.com/bigbrothersbigsistersofeastcentralohio.
1 thought on “Mentor Mondays – 5 Ways to Become a Match Maker”
Pingback: Mentor Mondays - The Waiting Littles of Match Madness - Newsymom