Sure, it’s easier said than done, but there are a variety of resources and individuals ready and willing to help you live a healthier life!
The Tuscarawas County Health Department has a variety of resources, handouts, and free educational workshops that can be provided to help by calling 330-343-5555, ext. 111.
Quitting tobacco is a process. Whether you are thinking about quitting, are not yet ready to quit, or have already quit, Ohio Tobacco Quit Line can help you with each step of the way.
What Does the Quitline Do?
Quitting tobacco is a process that takes courage, time, and energy. It can sometimes take several attempts to learn the best way to stay quit for good. Our program will help you deal with the emotional, behavioral, and physical parts that make quitting so hard. The quitline provides guidance and support throughout the entire tobacco quit process to help you:
- Prepare a quit plan
- Set a quit date
- Understand tobacco triggers
- Manage cravings
- Get back on track after relapses
Types of Support Offered
Research shows that coaching and quit medications combined gives you the best chance of quitting. The quitline offers these services, as well as other supports, throughout your quit journey. The quitline supports you with:
- Planning and educational materials. These help you map out your road to quitting tobacco.
- Coaching by phone and additional support by email, text, or chat with experienced and understanding coaches. Your coach will support you during your quitting process. Your coach also will work with you to help with problem-solving and learning tools to deal with challenges. Quitline coaches are available 24/7.
- Nicotine quit medications (such as nicotine gum, lozenge, or patch). You may be eligible for quit medications. If so, we mail these directly to your home. Quit medications can double or triple your chances of quitting for good.
- Membership in an online community of others who are working to become tobacco-free.
Ohio tobacco quitline: – https://ohio.quitlogix.org/en-US/
How to quit with the Quitline – https://ohio.quitlogix.org/en-US/Just-Looking/Tobacco-User/Explore-How-to-Quit-With-the-Quitline
How Family members and friends can be supportive – https://ohio.quitlogix.org/en-US/Just-Looking/Family-Member-or-Friend