The teen years are tough for moms, dads, and teenagers. When teens experiment with alcohol and underage drinking, things can get a lot more difficult.
- Coordination problems and slurred speech
- A new group of friends and rebelliousness
- Trouble concentrating or remember
- Issues in school with behavior or academics
- A drastic change in their mood- usually angry or irritable.
If you find alcohol among your child’s things or smell booze on your kid’s breath, it is a strong sign of alcohol use. Keep an eye on their energy level and involvement in activities. A dip in these areas may indicate teenage alcohol use. Talk with your kids and offer them help, guidance, and advice if you believe they may be struggling.
For more information on underage drinking & alcohol, visit https://www.adctusc.org/committees/alcohol/.