Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Tonight, surprise your family and switch things up with this Hawaiian inspired dish.
Don’t let this easy recipe fool you. Despite it being prepared quickly with only a few ingredients, it is packed full of flavor. Make sure to season this dish as it will make all the difference. The dried herbs, garlic powder, and paprika balance out the creaminess from the mozzarella and sweetness of the pineapple.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, sweet paprika, and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken on top side until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle all over with seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken with 1 cup mozzarella and most of Parmesan. Arrange a pineapple round on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melty and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with red onion and cilantro before serving.