Are you stressing about sending your child off to kindergarten? Here are some essential ways to help them prepare for school!
SCCAA Head Start prepares children for success in school and life! You can also prepare your little one for school by checking out these tips!
Prepare Your Child for School
- Read with your children. Many library programs offer reading challenges for pre-kindergarten-age kids.
- Practice getting ready and self-care. Teach your child the importance of daily hygiene, appropriate sleep, and a healthy diet.
- Play games together and limit screen time. When you play games with your kids, they are learning skills and strategies.
- Practice coping techniques for tough situations. Learning to share, wait their turn, and handle disappointment are all important skills!
- Enroll your child in SCCAA Head Start! Head Start is the most successful, longest-running, national school readiness program in the United States.
SCCAA Head Start is a nationally recognized program aimed at children in Stark County, ages 0 to 5, with a focus on kindergarten readiness. With a 5-star Step Up to Quality Rating at all of our SCCAA locations, Head Start is a unique educational and wellness program that instills an early love of learning in children. For more information, visit https://www.sccaa.org/ or call 330-456-6218.